Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014...

I've been reflecting on Mom during this Mother's Day. I know that I am the man I am today because of the upbringing given to me by my Mother. And the cool thing was, that I had my Aunt Dana as a second Mom. When my Father checked out years ago- it was my Mom and Aunt who were there.
Play dates, game time, hide and seek, book readings before bed, Mom's Taxi, many years of Trick or Treating, fantastic Christmas mornings ( even if Dad was sitting there like a log), taking me to many viewings of the Original Star Wars trilogy- it was all Mom and Aunt Dana. 
When we trekked out into the cold and snow to dig up frozen wood to burn in our stove to be able to stay warm- it was me, Mom and Dana who did it. When we pulled food out of the trash to have something to eat- it was me, Mom and Dana. Heartache and Sadness was a common bond in my household and it was only thru God's love and my Mom and Aunt that I survived it. 
When I was five, I accepted Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Saviour. It was with my Mother that I got down on my knees to pray a prayer of acceptance. I owe my Christian upbringing to Mom and Dana because without them I would be lost!
I am thankful for my Mom and my Aunt on this Mother's Day 2014. 
Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: