Friday, January 25, 2013

2nd Amendment, Gun Rights and the Foisters

Dec of 2012 brought the world a horrible massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in CT. A crazed gunman entered the school and killed 20 innocent children and 6 adults. A tragedy for sure. A tragedy that hopefully will never be repeated.

Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world where mankind will always have a sinful nature. It is only thru a loving and nurturing family and peace thru Christ that this "nature" can be overcome.

So where does this bring myself and my family?
Well, lets go back a few years first...
I was raised to respect firearms, but I was limited to BB rifles, Airguns and a few times shooting my fathers .22 rifle. So I was never really into guns or the gun culture.
Fast forward to 2011. I started noticing more and more friends buying firearms and getting their carry licenses.
This sparked an interest in current firearms and what they meant to the average citizen. So, after much thought and study I decided to talk with my wife about wanting to purchase a firearm for our family's safety. 2012 had shown such violence towards other human beings and it triggered a response in me. A response and reasoning that I needed to step up my game in doing whatever it took to protect us.

We now own 1 Firearm and I have gotten my Conceal Carry license. So yes, this means that I carry concealed at least 60% of the time. Can't carry at work or on school grounds or during Scouting. Pam is interested in getting her CCW and I would like to get her a .380 pistol to have with her when I'm not home or around.
I would also like to purchase a sub compact pistol as my full size is just not comfortable 100% of the time.

I am now a contributor to ConcealedNation.org and had my 1st article published today.

So home defense, defense of myself and Pam and Daniel are first thoughts in everything now. I will protect what is most important to me- and that's my family!

No comments: